Friday, April 17, 2015

Identical strangers

This is spooky, but I can attest that once I saw someone out in public that I recognized as a fellow I knew, except that when I went up and called him by name, he looked at me blankly.  Had to show me his driver's license to prove he wasn't who I thought he was.  Looked so much like my pal it was spooky. This can happen.


In March, Geaney and her two friends, Terence Manzanga and Harry English, put a call out on the Internet to find their "lookalike from anywhere in the world." They called the contest Twin Strangers. They got some positive responses, but none so amazing as Geaney's.

Geaney, 26, never anticipated that her "twin" would live so close by. Karen Branigan, 29, is Geaney's spitting image, and she lives in Drogheda, an hour's drive north. The two met last weekend at Geaney's home in Dublin, and filmed the results.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! When I met the daughter I gave up for adoption 18 years later for the very first time after one phone call - we had the same identical hair cut, down to the exact same length, were wearing the same style of clothes,were reading the same book (and not a best-seller) and were driving the same automobile. It was rather spooky. We'll work on that whole thing with her owning a Glock though. - Mrs. 1911 - Brigid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! When I met the daughter I gave up for adoption 18 years later for the very first time after one phone call - we had the same identical hair cut, down to the exact same length, were wearing the same style of clothes,were reading the same book (and not a best-seller) and were driving the same automobile. It was rather spooky. We'll work on that whole thing with her owning a Glock though. - Mrs. 1911 - Brigid

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be interesting to see what would come up if they did DNA workups.

    ReplyDelete