Monday, September 23, 2013

A great way to spend a few minutes.


The other day LL told me in the comments that he actually possessed and shot a Brown Bess musket.

Honestly, I didn't even know you could get something like that.  Fascinated, I begged him to post a picture of it, and he said he would.

Well, LL has come through in spades, posting not just a picture, but an informative and highly interesting essay on the bess and the era in which it was used.  


My brain is swollen now with pleasant, new to me knowledge!  Go over there and enjoy!

And what do you know!  With the right scratch, you can indeed pick up one on Gunbroker!

2 comments:

  1. What's even better is that they're fun to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the little one thinks you are the world's best ever.

      Delete