Thursday, November 17, 2011

The two girls and I were sitting in the front room this evening watching one of their favorite movies, Tremors.  It gets dark quite early this time of year, by about five,so we tend to hole up inside and do things like that.  

Suddenly, we heard the hoarse bark of a red fox so close outside that it sounded as if he were one step away from walking in the back door!  



All three of us along with both dogs sprung to our feet and raced outside, the dogs and I to the front door and the girls to the back deck.  They commenced to sweep the back yard with flashlights, while the dogs and I ran about in the front barking.  The dogs that is, not me.

No sign of Mr. Red, but he was very close.  The chickens and the cat were at real risk if he was brave enough to nearly come in the door, so I'll leave the dogs outside tonight to keep him at a distance.



This is what we heard, but much loader.

No comments:

Post a Comment